Friday, April 29, 2011

Today's grace

At some points in life, it seems as though every day is a struggle.  I'm constantly battling against the forces of the evil one and the hatred caused by the fall of man.  It's in these times that I can physically feel the weight of sin and must fight to stay faithful, to trust in God's covenant even through the darkest hours.

Today, though, is not one of those times.  Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!  What a relief it was to finally attend a morning Mass after having skipped the past few days.  The church and the Adoration chapel are both beautifully decorated for Easter, and all creation seems to be following suit as the warm spring weather has lifted the gray veil of winter.

O my Jesus, You are our King and our Lover.  Shine brightly through me today, that I might be a witness to all who do not know Your love.

2 comments:

  1. That is one of the things I most certainly respect and value about the Catholic church: they have morning masses nearly every day of the week. The Protestant church, on the other hand, will have people show up on Sunday if they are lucky.

    I need to consider attending mass during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, daily Mass is such a gift! It's like getting the insider scoop instead of just the weekly highlights. :)

    ReplyDelete