Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

Hosanna to the King of Kings!

The deacon giving the homily this morning asked us to imagine a circle drawn in our hearts with a throne inside it.  There may be people both inside and outside the circle, but only one person or object may be seated on the throne.  Is it Christ?

This Holy Week, I'm going to make an effort to read all the morning and evening prayers in the Magnificat, to pray the Rosary as often as I can, and to go to Mass every day (which shouldn't be that hard considering the Triduum!).  I'll be going home either Wednesday night or Holy Thursday morning, which I'm really looking forward to so I can celebrate these solemn feasts with my parents and my home parish.  I'm also a little nervous about some of my final projects, which are due over the following two weeks, but with Jesus as Lord of my life, I trust Him to help me with everything.

Lord, we lift up Your name with hearts full of praise!  Be exalted, O Lord my God, hosanna in the highest!

No comments:

Post a Comment