Saturday, April 9, 2011

How beautiful is the Body of Christ

I have always considered this song to be referring to His crucified and now resurrected and glorious Body, that which we receive in the Holy Eucharist.  But I wonder now if it doesn't also speak to the Church and all of us as the mystical Body of Christ and the entire Communion of Saints.

I spent the morning in the best of company - first with Our Lord at Mass, and afterwards Matt and I had the chance to speak with Sr. Faustina about her motherhouse.  Then we caught up with Mrs. Walsh and, bless her, she remembered from our conversation two weeks ago that we were to go to coffee today!  Matt headed home and she drove me to the diner where she allowed me to spill out my soul, my deepest desires, my excitement and fears for the future, and all that has been tugging on my heart recently.  We spoke of silence in prayer, growing in holiness, and finding one's vocation.  She briefed me on her own life and spiritual awakening, and through it all she tied in innumerable references to words of the saints and of Scripture.  I am so intrigued by the connections that can be made between our own spiritualities and those that have come before us, that there is in some sense a common bond among all of us who desire to enter into a more serious relationship with Christ and a deeper understanding of the mysteries of our Faith.

We talked for over two hours!  She said she didn't mind - this is her favorite topic of discussion.  She shared with me some of her own experiences and realizations that are similar to mine.  I almost wish I could have recorded our talk to have on hand for the future, for she has such wisdom coming from the Holy Spirit.  Hers is a life lived beautifully in union with Christ.  She is willing to become a spiritual mother to CCM, and for that I am so grateful.  It is providential as well, because just last night I met with Matt, Catherine, and Oliver to discuss the future of the group.  There are so many changes to be made for next year, and Oliver especially is passionately headed towards bringing new life into CCM.  I know God's hand is at work within the group, and yet there is so much at stake, so many things to be accomplished, and so little human power to carry it out.  But as Catherine said, this can only be done with the power of God.  Mrs. Walsh will be instrumental, I am sure, in fostering the spiritual development of CCM members and in providing strength and support to Matt, Oliver, and the others who are so invested in the task at-hand.

God bless Mrs. Walsh.  God bless Matt for bringing her to us.  God bless this parish and all it has done for the life of my soul.  God bless Oliver for having insight and passion to bring to the new generation of CCM.

Lord, I trust in Your infinite mercy and compassion.  Please lead me to wherever You would like me to go.  I am ready to do Your will, O God.  Help me to follow You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment