Friday, April 15, 2011

Abide in My love

Rarely has Christ's love been so apparent to me as it is through Fr. d'Elbee's conferences on love.  I read the final chapter entitled "Jesus, Mary, and the Saints" and was feeling so inspired and filled with the love of God that I wanted to write about it, but when I began to do so I realized that there is no way for me to adequately express it.  I wish I could encourage everyone I meet to read the book, to try to grasp the indescribable love and mercy that Our Lord is constantly pouring down upon us.  But whenever I have tried to do so, the words fail me.

I can say only this --

If heaven is, as God has promised, more than we can ever imagine...
If we will one day truly see the face of Christ and indeed the full Beatific vision...
If His love is greater than anything we could experience here on earth...

It will be worth it.  All the sacrifices, the pain, the sufferings, the hatred we have endured in this life will be as nothing compared to the peace, love, and eternal happiness we will receive when we reach our true home.  O Lord, may we wait patiently and eagerly for that day!  Purify our intentions and our desires, that we might want only to be with You!

No comments:

Post a Comment