Wednesday, April 13, 2011

They shall see God

Blest are they, the pure of heart.  This is the first time in my life that I've really considered what it means to have purity of heart or intention.  It seems that the more I explore my inner spirituality, the more aware I become of the manipulative, prideful, and selfish motives behind my actions.  It makes me wonder -- have I ever truly had a pure heart?  How often do I act out of true compassion and kindness, expecting nothing in return?  Material wealth is not important to me, but I seem to covet attention and compliments from others.  I thrive on success and achievement, not because they bring me internal fulfillment but because they elicit admiration and praise from people around me.

Jesus, forgive me for my selfish intentions.  I want only to be humble and to have a servant's spirit.  Mary, teach me to act only out of love for Your Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment