Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 13: Strength in weakness

I was definitely not planning on attending Mass this morning.  Having gone to bed around 3:30, I knew I couldn't function on 3.5 hours of sleep.  I knew how horrible I'd feel in the morning and fully intended to text Matt when my 7am alarm went off and apologize for not coming.

But when I woke at 7, I had quite the surprise.  I didn't feel as though I'd been hit by a truck.  My body didn't ache with exhaustion.  On the contrary, it was as though my body was telling me, "Get up, let's go!"

This isn't due to exercise, healthy eating, vitamins, minerals, or anything of that sort.  No, this was God giving me His strength because He knew that I would need to receive Him in word and sacrament in order to make it through the day.

He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.  Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.  [2 Cor 12:9-10]

No comments:

Post a Comment