Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 21: From ashes

Attended Ash Wednesday Mass this morning.  I didn't sleep well last night -- Paul's been unjustly accused and may suffer punishment accordingly.  It's just not fair, and I'm trying to see God's hand in it all but this is hard.  His faith is already so weak, his despair increasing, and being found guilty of something he had no part in is only going to make him more jaded and angry at the world, it seems.

Lord Jesus, I believe that you have a plan for him -- for his welfare, not for destruction.  Do not abandon him in his hour of greatest need.  Mary, Mother of God, cover him in your mantle.  Plead for him to your Divine Son, Who can never refuse you.

Jesus, I want to live for You, if only for today.  Help me rise above the ashes to become the person You have created me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment