Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 16: Living in the light

What joy this is!  To live in the light of Christ every day, to share in His greatest sacrifice of the Mass, to receive Him - Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity.  To know that in every moment I am doing my best to act according to the motions of the Spirit.

Mass this morning with the school children.  I was there early to say my Rosary for Paul and stayed afterward to read from I Believe in Love.  I've been too long away from that book and forgot how pleasing it is to unite my heart to the Heart of Jesus.

I hope it's not silly to keep bringing up the same topics, but I really do continue to feel called to be a religious.  I just can't see living any other way, without the graces of daily Mass, Adoration, spiritual reading, work in the service of God, and community with like-minded souls.  What could be closer to heaven on earth?

Jesus, remove all vanity and pride from my heart.  Fill me with only holy desires.  Strengthen me as I seek to know and do Your will.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment