Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 14: Time with Jesus

In the middle of the night, I had a frightening dream - a dark shadow was approaching me, and I knew it to be the personification of evil.  It came closer and closer, and just as it reached me I gasped/screamed and woke myself up.  I was terrified and turned my face to the side.  Closing my eyes again, the darkness was all gone, and instead my whole mind and vision was filled with a strong light, not blinding but somehow warm.

This scares me a little, but it's comforting to know that Christ was present with me.  Usually a bad dream will stay with me and I won't be able to get images out of my head, but this time it was completely removed and replaced with...light? heavenly peace?

I went to Mass early this morning for some extra prayer time, and I'd like to start doing this more often.  Spoke with Sister afterwards, then talked to Mrs. Walsh.  Apparently her daughter went to Mdes, and her fellow Carmelite, Miss Judy, taught at Gibbons.  So all this time, Mrs. Walsh has known about me and about Mum's work at CG, and I had no idea.  I feel a little silly but blessed that we're all connected in this way.

I need to get so much work done today.  Jesus, be my strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment