Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 15: Of friends and counselors

Today was a good day.

I didn't write any of my senior paper.  That will come
I didn't read the neuroscience articles.  All in good time.
I didn't improve my score in bowling class.  Need more practice.
I didn't get very much accomplished in the way of the world at all.

But I did attend morning Mass with three friends.
I did invite those friends to a homemade pancake breakfast in my apartment.
I did have a deep and gratifying discussion of vocation discernment with Matt.
I did listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit, call up an old friend, and catch up on her life.
I did pray a Scriptural Rosary with Matt and have a heart to heart about our spiritual growth.
I am going to CCM's Meeting Christ in Prayer/Adoration hour tonight.
I am going to the Adoration chapel in the wee hours of the night/morning to help cover our shift.

All in all, this has been a very successful day, at least in a spiritual sense. And that is what matters the most to me.  It brings me great joy to spend a day like this, though I must admit there's always a lingering feeling of anxiety in the back of my mind, knowing that there is so much I have to do if I want to receive a diploma in just a few short months.  But I believe that God is looking after me, and I know that I can do all of this with His help.

I only wish that every day could be like this one.  That I could use every moment to bring glory to God and to learn how best to know, love, and serve Him.  Lord, teach me Your ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment