Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 18: Sharing other's sorrow

Finally got a full night's sleep -- praise God for rest!  Feeling refreshed and hoping to get work done today.

Heavy-hearted today.  Paul texted me at 1a.m. his time.  His roommate is causing problems and got them kicked out of the room last night.  I'm so angry and sad for him, praying hard that justice will be served and that this won't cost him next weekend's leave.  He's already so broken, Lord; don't let this bring him down even more.

Stayed after Mass this morning to pray my rosary and was pleasantly surprised to find that the St. John's Rosary group gathers immediately after the 8:45 Mass.  I was able to concentrate so much better while praying with them instead of by myself.

Making CCM dinner tonight, then helping out with cleanup after the coffeehouse at St. John's.  Jesus, be in my thoughts, on my lips, and in my heart today.  Bring peace and forgiveness to Paul's heart.

*********************************
Tonight was a lot of fun....no, really!  I forgot how much I enjoy doing service at a parish.  I showed up at 5 and helped Paul unwrap tablecloths, set out tealights in hurricane lamps, and place all the food on trays.  I served cookies to everyone once the coffeehouse began, then got to sit back and enjoy the music.  Four seminarians make up the acapella group, "Sixtus."  They're fantastic!  All genres of music made for a nice variety, and they added a plug for vocations.

Afterwards I talked with one of the seminarians.  We discussed my upcoming plans and discernment and then he suggested that we pray together.  I love that and hope that one day as a missionary I will be able to do the same.  He prayed that God might burn not me but the chaff that is around me.  I'd never heard that before, but I like the image.  May I do everything for Our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment