Friday, March 25, 2011

Eye has not seen

You are my God, and You are my All, and I have never seen You.

This is my favorite line from St. Anselm's prayer.  I think it's beautiful and yet wistfully sad.  How strongly we desire to know Him, to see Him as He truly is, the God-man.  We are such a flawed human race, and we seem to need visual reminders of the reality of our Savior.

On another note, I attended Mass this morning -- beautiful, dedicated to Mary on the Solemnity of the Annunciation.  For some reason, I was a little saddened that Fr. Farmer wasn't wearing blue vestments, but perhaps white, which is saved for feast days, makes it even more special.

My Jesus, I love You.  I am so thankful for all that You have revealed to me and for the seed You have sown in my heart.  I desire only to do Your will.  Refine my heart, O Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment