Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The little ones

Who will care for My children?  Who will love them?

The orphaned, the weak, the poor, the lonely.  The unloved.

Not unloveable.  No, Lord, You do not create any of us to be so, for You love us all equally and have made us all in Your image.

But there are so many of Your little ones left alone, abandoned in all countries of the world because they were unwanted or uncared for.

Who will care for them? Whom shall I send?

I will go, Lord.  I will love them and want them and care for them.  Every doubt, every possible exception is removed when You but call.  I do not have much, my Lord.  I desire to live simply and to love fully and to grow holy in Your sight.  But I can do all that and still answer the call that You have chosen.  All I need is Your grace, and I know that You will provide for all my material needs.  Lord, show me Your will.  I want only and always to please You.

Whether I can best serve You in a convent, or in a school, or in the home, I do not know.  But I know that I am prepared to do any of these things.  O Lord, do not forsake the work of Your hands!

*      *        *      *      *       *      *     *
Thank God for Teresa, good friend and missionary sister in Christ!  So blessed to talk to her today, someone who understands my heart cry and has been through it all before.  Someone who is experiencing the same anxiety about the future and can pass on words of wisdom that she received: it's about "faithfulness, not feelings."  Being faithful in the little things is sometimes the hardest because it can be difficult to see God's will.  No, writing this paper won't save poor children starving in Africa.  It won't convert any college students in the Midwest (not right now, anyway).  But it is where He has placed me in this moment, and how hypocritical I would be to not accept His will with gratitude.  All for You, my Jesus!

It's true what Leah said, that it's the life of a missionary having to say goodbye to good friends, only catching up with them in passing, not knowing when you may see or hear from them next.  But I am so blest to be called to this life in my near future, and so I will do all I can to please Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment