Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 1: The Challenge

God has called, and I cannot refuse.

Today was a wake-up call and a re-dedication of myself to Him.  I can't believe how blind I've been.  He's called me to give myself completely to Him, to offer everything I have as a sacrifice, and in return He's promised to fill me with every good thing.  And yet I've been holding so much back.  All the little things, the worldly "needs," everything I thought was important now seems meaningless.  I've been called to something higher, something greater - how can I do anything but follow Him??

I haven't fooled myself into thinking it will be easy.  In fact, I believe it will be the hardest thing I've ever done.  All I know is that, with His grace, anything is possible.  He has been so patient with me already, and I know He will continue to let His face shine upon me, guiding me ever closer into His light.  Will I make mistakes?  Will I fall?  Undoubtably.  Is that reason enough for me to give up or lower the stakes?  Never.  This is a battle that must be won.  A battle in which I must fight against the world and the evil one.  But I shall not fear, for God is on my side.

Today's notes:
Morning Mass with Matt.  God tells Noah to fill the earth and subdue it.  He once again demonstrates His love for mankind.  Jesus asks the apostles who they say He is, then rebukes Peter for standing in the way of what He must do - His sacrifice on the cross.
Meeting with Paul and Fr. Lou to plan for the upcoming CCM retreat.  Importance of evangelization and reaching those on the fringes.  This is something that terrifies me, but I cannot turn my face away from God's people.
Discussed idea of spiritual direction with Matt.  He suggests I reach out to Mrs. Walsh for advice...coffee on Saturday mornings?  Matt can also be a good source of support, since he's always inspired me to be a better person.

Providentially, tonight was the first session of our 8-week Meeting Christ in Prayer spiritual renewal program.  God is so good!  I'm very much looking forward to the overall experience, making the commitment to daily prayer, and seeing the fruits of my growing relationship with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment