Monday, May 16, 2011

Have no fear

Thoughts from yesterday:

Blessed Pope John Paul II, in his first words as pope, exhorted all Catholics to "Be not afraid!"  These are the words I've been contemplating this morning.  Even though I woke up early for confession and the earliest Sunday Mass, even though I've been productive in washing laundry and going for a brief jog, even though most people would glance at my life and assume that all is in order, I still fear the unknown and the transition from past to future.  But how will the next few weeks and months be any different from the rest of my life?  I place every day in the hands of the Lord, the Master of my existence.  Each day is a new gift from Him and a chance to follow His will and minister to His people.

"I will fear no evil, for my God is with me.  And if my God is with me, whom then shall I fear?"

No comments:

Post a Comment